Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wednesday, July 30.

We had a great nights' sleep and woke early to sneak out for a quick walk.  The sun was shining and flowers so sweet on Diana's street in Chicago.

My goal today is to connect with Trey... so I set out to do that while Quincey hung out with Diana.  She had all things 'lawyer' to do and while she was writing, emailing, etc, Q watched dog TV.

In the afternoon her friend, Willa came over and we had a lunch Diana made of: chicken salad that had garlic cream, broccoli, red onions, herbs all chilled to perfection, Chicago sour dough and Butternut chardonney.


By the late afternoon, I decided to go by Trey's work place.  Around 7 I walked into Forteza and all classes were in full swing.  To the left was a class using long sword, to the right a private class on boxing and in the back another class but I couldn't tell what they were doing.  As I walked in, all eyes were on me, like... who's coming? who's here?  Funny... Then someone said, HEY TREY... Out he popped and came over immediately with a big smile.  I went to hug him and he said, "ohhhhh, easy, I've got a broken rib." His girlfriend, Patricia, came over and we were introduced.  Very nice, very calm, very open.

He said the last few years his life was based in the fetal position.  So, both of our hearts were in such pain that it was paralyzing us personally and in our mother/son relationship.  

We agreed that healing is happening.  From his side, he's found a wonderful woman who's been supportive in this journey.  One big deal is she encouraged him to stop smoking.  Check.  

Anyway, the new healing is financial healing and focus.  Much discussion about that continued.  

Trey could break away from the classes so we went for a drive to a park and decided to talk, walk, let Q pee.  We were watching a group of 10 or so, having a class in some martial arts when I noticed Quincey's foot was bleeding.  We think after he peed and was scratching the ground he hit some glass and sliced his back pad.  OUCH!

So, we headed to the drugstore to get stuff: betadine, neosporin, bandages.


Once that was taken care of we went to a little Irish Pub and had a beer. Nice.


:))

When I got back to Diana's Patty Rebhotz was there.  Diana picked her up at O'Hare and she's going to do the last leg to Phoenix with me.  We had fresh pesto, pasta, scallops, mushrooms, garlic that Diana made! And, wine... duh... :)


Then off to nightie night!  
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment