Wednesday, July 23, we headed up to Linda and Jay's home in Somers, NY. The drive was beautiful as traffic along the Garden State Parkway was easy and constant. The merge for the NJTurnpike was swift and familiar. I'd driven this route for many years taking my kids to the beach or going to a school or to a theater to perform.... felt like home.
Anyway, at Teaneck I had to get off. I needed to get to a Bank of America and decided to go to my old branch and just look around the old home location.
I found the bank because NOTHING HAD CHANGED!
Drove by the house on Schely Place in Teaneck where the kids grew up and where there were Easter egg hunts, Christmases, birthday parties, kid sleepovers, New Years Eves, bbq's, grass cutting, flowers and scrubs planted, one very bad bicycle accident, basketball games, hide n' seek or ally ally oxen free, trick or treats, dog walking, snow shoveling and snow men and snow ball fights, neighbors who I loved, renovations, Thanksgiving dinners complete with personalized name plates made by Hailley, neighbor hood kids over to watch The Sopranos, PACT meetings, artist gatherings, ... lots of life.
But, as I drove by this home, our home I saw MY roof was still good, My siding was still good, MY windows were still good, still the same. The new owners had put on the dream part I had, which was a deck off the back area. Oh well. All was the same but all was different...
The GW Bridge!
Things were different though. $13 for cars! What? Jeeeez!
On to Somers. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment