Wednesday, July 9, 2014

After finally getting off (thank you Judy Marx!) at 9:30am, the 1st day was blessedly uneventful.  Beautiful horizon lines, dust devils, a HUGE 1/2 mile wide dust 'thing' that had everyone going 2 mph and lights ons, lovely murals at bridges in Tucson, drove into a swarm of locusts for 5 miles or so, glorious rock formations and huge rain curtains on the horizon.

Q was a champ and slept, watched me, dug around in his bed, looked out the window as in a trance and slept.  Stopping every two hours to stretch made it very calm.  I did have to stop at 4:15 and power napped for 20 min.  Good to go!

Listened to Lewis Black's CDs in 4 different concerts which kept it light and hilarious, then onto 3 CDs of Carolyn Myss. Oh, yeah.

San Antonio tomorrow and Hailley decided to come!  Whoop!
photo taken while driving with my cell....

1 comment:

  1. Safe Travels, you two! I'm assuming you're on the outskirts of New Mexico by now. Was it as "Enchanting" for you as it was for me when I passed through there two weeks ago?
    I've been checking one way flights to Chicago for the 30th, and there are many on United if I want to go standby, and even some really cheap faires just to buy a ticket. So I'll be there, maybe even before you are! Please DO send me Dianna's info if it has changed from three years ago, okay?
    Love to you and Mr. Q, and all your new relatives! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete