I had brought in the newspapers in the morning and was folding the plastic bags, origami style and Susan was watching me with a VERY funny expression.... she said, I can't believe this! and went to her sock bag and showed me she folds her bags the exact same style... :)
After more stories and photos and discoveries, we all decided it's time for a cocktail so Q decided HE needed attention and just stood in front of Susan when we were talking and just did his low soft dog talk. Then when Charles and I talked he stood in front of him and did the same dog talk. Susan swears he's more human than dog. Charles is a retired vet and became the dog whisperer, silencing Q with a gesture.
For dinner we had 'mixed grill' (which is a more sophisticated way to say left overs), sweet potatoes and a beet, green onion, celery, jalepeno jello that I will try to make. Very southern, unusual and delicious! Fresh!
We took a drive and went by Charles' old Clinic. In his early days, before the war, he was enlisted with his duty as the official Vet. He was stationed in Nigeria to recover the monkeys who were shot into space during early NASA trials and tend to them if the landing didn't go to plan.
What a brilliant day. A sense of wholeness is calming.
No comments:
Post a Comment