Tuesday, July 8, 2014

OOOO.  Such a conversation with a 2nd cousin who is assisting in this discovery.  Susan Hartshorn Saxe, from Houston, TX.  I do not know her but love that fact that I'm getting to know her now! She is the daughter of my father's brother and 11 years older than me.  Soon I'll have a photo to match the name!

Last year, while performing in Palm Springs, CA, I got a text from a childhood neighbor, Bruce Fadem, pictured, who was at a mineral rights meeting in Osage County, OK.  The client mentioned her family was from Hominy, OK.  Bruce has a mind that remembers everything and questioned her, knowing my family history and Hominy, the strange disconnect regarding my childhood and in the meeting asked about her knowledge of 'certain people'.  She was one of two flower girls at my parents' wedding.

Mind you, I never knew my dad, have looked for him forever,

begged for a picture, asked TOO many questions, never got answers... matter-at-fact, punished for asking questions, and 62 years later, randomly, get this 'text' from my childhood neighborhood friend, that someone has surfaced, that may be of interest, all while in a mineral rights meeting regarding Osage County.

No comments:

Post a Comment