Tuesday, July 8, 2014


So, the week ahead, Quincey and I take off for Texas and travels beyond!

Wednesday we leave for Las Cruces for the night, then onto San Antonio to visit Jackie Eley, my step-sister and her husband, Bill Goetz for 3 days.

I always adored Jackie; her powder blue, horn rimmed, rhinestone encrusted glasses, her 45 's, her private bedroom, her awesome sense of self and freedom.  This was when I was ... 6.  At this time I was lurched, muted, fearful, stoic, suddenly moving from Sand Springs, OK, the house that had no front door, as I remember, to living in Tulsa on Knoxville Ave where I shared a bedroom with my 2 brothers.

I never remember one conversation with her back then, just that she was so COOL.  Now, I've come to know her, understand her, share family depths, I love her.  Love her for her strength, honesty, intelligence, loving nature for family and friends, and adventurous spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment