not
Getting into the car this morning, a not so funny light came on:
REALLY?
And we were all packed and ready to go home and snuggle!
But, instead, the tow truck was on its way to deliver a car from Phoenix to Aguila, AZ... Seems SO simple, however, the memo from a few days ago that I was not returning today was, ah..... awol.
At 9:30am when we were leaving, I saw the light to 'not drive'. I was only 50' from Patty's house so, Q and I turned around and bounded back in her door. She was happily playing a computer game and thought we forgot something.
After talking with Hertz folks and their team, another (#4) car was en route to Aguila and should be here in 2 hours. Patty said, 'oh, they'll be here by noon!'. I said, 'maybe by 2'. Well, at 2:45 or so, I called Hertz and it was cancelled as the memo didn't get to them that the car was due back on Saturday, so they cancelled it. Really??? No one called me! Jeeeez.... luckily we weren't somewhere on Route 60 in the middle of the AZ desert and close to no where with 100 temps!
I called Hertz at least a dozen times though out the day and everyone had a different answer to my situation. It was all I could do to not have steam blast out of my ears. So, I just stopped. Stopped. Stopped.
How lucky are we to be getting to hang with Patty for one more day? I just wish her doggies were here, too! So, all afternoon, while waiting for the new car, we played Quiddlar, watched some TV, talked, played with Q... then, had a glass of wine and decided to just, stop and leave tomorrow.
At 5pm I called Hertz again and got the tow company's info. They said in 2 hours. God.
So, after at least 8 games of Quiddlar, Patty needs to water her outdoor plants, we decide to have tacos, and while watering the plants, she runs in the house... THEY'RE HERE!
It was about 7:30
How did they get through the gate with no code?
The delivery guys seriously didn't know what to think when they pulled up onto Patty's Arizona Retreat! Here are two broads, laughing with cameras, a little woozy from vino, wanting them to pose while we shared the last 10 hours of our waiting game.
The one 'main guy' had his stories, too. He said he was called to the Grand Canyon for a mini van that had a hatch which wouldn't shut. 5 1/2 hours he drove one way, to deliver a new mini van. He got to the family (which was mad as hell) and he flicked a button and the hatch came down. argh. really? lololol!
He was a good natured fella!
And so were we!
We decided to make a ceremonial passing of the keys, all to everyone's delight.
:))
Then, as quickly as they came... THEY WERE GONE!
What a friggin' day!
Ah, traveling.
Home, tomorrow!
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment